If you already have a mold problem - ACT QUICKLY. Mold damages what it grows on. The longer it grows, the more damage it can cause.
Who should do the cleanup depends on a number of factors. One consideration is the size of the mold problem. If the moldy area is less than about 10 square feet (less than roughly a 3 ft. by 3 ft. patch), in most cases, you can handle the job yourself. However:
- If there has been a lot of water damage, and/or mold growth covers more than 10 square feet, consult an experienced and certified mold remediation contractor.
- If you choose to hire a contractor (or other professional service provider) to do the cleanup, make sure the contractor has experience cleaning up mold. Check references and ask the contractor to follow the recommendations of the EPA, the guidelines of the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygenists (ACGIH), or other guidelines from professional or government organizations.
- If you suspect that the heating/ventilation/air conditioning (HVAC) system may be contaminated with mold (it is part of an identified moisture problem, for instance, or there is mold near the intake to the system), consult with a specialist before taking further action. Do not run the HVAC system if you know or suspect that it is contaminated with mold - it could spread mold throughout the building.
- If the water and/or mold damage was caused by sewage or other contaminated water, then call in a professional who has experience cleaning and fixing buildings damaged by contaminated water.
- If you have health concerns, consult a health professional before starting cleanup.
When Storms or Floods hit Benicia/Martinez/Southeast Vallejo, SERVPRO is ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in Benicia/Martinez/Southeast Vallejo.
SERVPRO of Benicia/Martinez/Southeast Vallejo specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Benicia/Martinez/Southeast Vallejo, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 925-372-7234
Lead Certified Firm
EPA Lead-Certified Firm
Reasons Why You Should Hire a Lead-Certified Firm:
- To help prevent learning disabilities
- To help prevent behavior issues
- To help prevent diminished motor skills
- To help prevent lower intelligence
- To help prevent hearing loss
- To help prevent brain damage
- To help prevent memory loss
- To help prevent headaches
Today, there are over one million kids who have been poisoned by lead from old paint. Home repairs that create even a small amount of lead dust are enough to poison your child and put your family at risk. If you live in a home or apartment that was built before 1978, make sure you renovate right with a contractor that is Lead-Certified in accordance with the new EPA guidelines for any renovation or repair project. They'll know how to protect your family.
SERVPRO of Benicia/Martinez/Southeast Vallejo is your local lead-certified contractor. Give us a call at 925-372-7234
Downtown Martinez, CA
Floods are among the most frequent and costly natural disasters. Flooding often occurs following a hurricane, thawing snow, or several days of sustained rain. Flash floods occur suddenly, due to rapidly rising water along a stream or low-lying area. Learn what to do to keep your loved ones safe!
Prepare in Advance
Having sandbags in place can help tremendously in keeping water out of your house.
*Be sure to have them ready to go BEFORE the rains start.
Secure hazardous items
Roll up rugs, move furniture, electrical items and valuables to a higher level
Place important personal documents, valuables and vital medical supplies into a waterproof case in an accessible location
Staying informed about your community’s risk and response plans.
Remember: standard homeowners insurance doesn’t cover flooding but flood insurance does.
Staying Safe Indoors
Avoid contact with floodwater. It may be contaminated with sewage or contain dangerous insects or animals.
Don’t use gas or electrical appliances that have been flooded.
Dispose of any food that comes into contact with flood water .
Staying Safe Outdoors
Don't walk, swim or drive through floodwater. Just six inches of fast-flowing water can knock you over and two feet will float a car.
If caught on a flooded road with rapidly rising waters, get out of the car quickly and move to higher ground.
Don’t allow children to play in or near flood water.
Avoid contact with floodwater. It may be contaminated with sewage or contain dangerous insects or animals.
Stay out of areas subject to flooding. Underpasses, dips, low spots, canyons, washes, etc. can become filled with water.
SERVPRO Of Benicia/Martinez/Southeast Vallejo is here to help clean up and dry out your affected properties. Call us at 925-372-7234
Help is just a phone call away.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - SERVPRO of Benicia/Martinez/Southeast Vallejo
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Benicia/Martinez/Southeast Vallejo has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Benicia/Martinez/Southeast Vallejo
SERVPRO of Benicia/Martinez/Southeast Vallejo specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Preparing your home for the rainy season.
As the rainy season is upon us, SERVPRO of Benicia/Martinez/Southeast Vallejo shares some tips on preventing or lessening water damage to your home.
- Clean and repair home gutters: Clogged ones can cause rainwater to back up and damage your roof and house.
- Inspect the roof: Look for loose or damaged shingles.
- Look inside at ceilings and walls: Any water damage could be an indication of roof leaks.
- Trim trees and bushes next to the house: Eliminate branches that can be weighed down with water or strike houses.
- Make sure doors and windows are secure: Install weather stripping where necessary.
- Monitor spots where the ground meets your house: Look for water collecting. Redirect the water if needed.
- Have sandbags filled and ready to go.
- Look for erosion: Check sloping property hillsides for signs of erosion or slipping.
- Make sure the street drains near your home are free of debris. If they are clogged, call your city’s public works department.
In the event you sustain water damage inside your home give SERVPRO of Benicia/Martinez/Southeast Vallejo a call @ 925-372-7234.
: Restoring Your Benicia/Martinez/Vallejo Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Water and outside debris from a busted fire hydrant filled the hall and offices in this Martinez commercial building.
Flooding and water damage events at Benicia/Martinez/Vallejo commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Benicia/Martinez/Vallejo
SERVPRO of Benicia/Martinez/Vallejo specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Benicia/Martinez/Southeast Vallejo is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Benicia/Martinez/ Southeast Vallejo
SERVPRO of Benicia/Martinez/Southeast Vallejo specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Benicia/Martinez/Vallejo Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mold throughout your home.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Benicia/Martinez/Se Vallejo for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Benicia/Martinez/Southeast Vallejo specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 925-372-7234
SERVPRO of Benicia/Martinez/Southeast Vallejo provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service
Crawlspace ceiling soaked with water coming from a leak above.
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we.
SERVPRO of Benicia/Martinez/Southeast Vallejo provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more.
SERVPRO of Benicia/Martinez/Southeast Vallejo arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of [[Franchise Name]]
SERVPRO of Benicia/Martinez/SE Vallejo specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.