Hotel & Motel Safety
Vacations and business travel make hotels and motels our home away from home. It is just as important to be prepared and know what you would do in a hotel/motel emergency as it is in your own home.
Be Safe When Traveling!
- Choose a hotel/motel that is protected by both smoke alarms and a fire sprinkler system.
- When you check in, ask the front desk what the fire alarm sounds like.
- When you enter your room, review the escape plan posted in your room.
- Take the time to find the exits and count the number of doors between your room and the exit.
- Keep your room key by your bed and take it with you if there is a fire.
- If the alarm sounds, leave right away, closing all doors behind you. Use the stairs-never use elevators during a fire.
- If you must escape through smoke, get low and go under the smoke to your exit.