Preventing Water Losses in the Bathroom
Water loss occurs often in bathrooms. Here are some loss prevention and maintenance tips to help you avoid experiencing water damage.
- Inspect plumbing beneath sinks every 6 months.
- Looks for kinks in pipes. These can lead to leaks over time.
- Locate water shut-off valve and inspect every 6 months to make sure it is working.
- Inspect the supply line every 6 months.
- Ensure the connection to the valve is secure.
- Operate the valve to make sure the water supply will shut off.
- Inspect the flushing mechanism inside the toilet. Replace assembly if you notice intermittent or constant tank refilling.
- Inspect tile and grout, paying attention to loose or cracked tiles. Replace as needed.
- Test shower pan to ensure it is holding water and not leaking out.
If you do experience a water loss give us a call. We can be reached at 925-372-7234 SERVPRO of Benicia/Martinez/Southeast Vallejo has professionals on call 24 hrs. to assist you!