Water Damage Safety Tips for Homeowners
Here are some precautions to take if you discover a water loss in your home until help arrives.
- Shut off water if possible
- Block any furniture to prevent further damage
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting. Do NOT use your vacuum to remove water
- Wipe excess water form belongings.
- Remove belongs and area rugs from the wet floor
- DO NOT use electrical devices, keep away from light switches and sockets if water is leaking it easily can be within the electrical circuit.
- Open doors and windows.
- If safe, use hvac system to aid in air flow
- Call your local water damage specialist
SERVPRO of Benicia/Martinez/Southeast Vallejo is here to help. Give us a call at 925-372-7234