Crawlspace flooded with smelly sewage water? Sounds like a job for SERVPRO!
This crawlspace flooded due to a broken sewage pipe. Not only did that leave a huge puddle behind, it left a very unpleasant odor that you could smell throughout the home. The owner's woke up one day and could smell the odor but had no idea where it was coming from. They hopped online and found that there is a company that can help get rid of unpleasant odors in your home, that company is SERVPRO of course! As soon as our tech arrived, and smelt the odor they could smell, he knew exactly where to look, the crawlspace. And sure enough, the cause of the odor was found. The owner's were pleased to find out that we could also help get that all cleaned up, thus, getting rid of the odor! Happy customers make us happy. So, don't hesitate to call, we are ready to help!
Hot Water Line Mess
Cotton Candy? Snow? No, that is mold!
This is a photo of our customer's crawlspace. Don't let this photo fool you. That is not snow you see down there. Look closely and you will see that it is mold. How did this happen you ask? Well, a hot water pipe line running underneath the house in the crawlspace burst which caused hot water to flood the area. Hot, steamy water in a confined area with little to no ventilation is mold's favorite environment because the moist and humid air allow mold to grow rapidly. On top of that, the home owner did not notice the pipe had burst until about a week later. An entire week was more than enough time for all this white, fuzzy mold to grow throughout the crawlspace. Our customer's insurance knew exactly who to call to mitigate this mess. SERVPRO of Benicia/Martinez/Southeast Vallejo of course! And that is exactly what we did.
Space Heater Safety
A little space heater can do a lot of damage so practice these safety tips to prevent a fire from starting.
Now that it is officially Winter time, we can definitely feel it! Because of that, most of us are bundled up, using our heaters and what not to keep us warm. One thing a lot of us use is space heaters as they are a convenient source of heat for your home or work space. What we all need to know and stay cautious of about these electric space heaters is that they are the second leading cause of fires in a home or office. These fires result in hundreds of deaths, thousands of injuries, and millions of dollars in property damage. So, don't be the next victim of a space heater fire. Follow these helpful tips to prevent that from happening:
- Make sure your space heater is properly plugged in and away from any combustibles.
- Always read the manufacturer’s warning labels and instructions carefully.
- Do not use heater if there are any frayed, worn, or damaged signs on the plug.
- Make sure the heater is kept at least 3 feet away from anything that can burn such as papers, clothing, and rugs.
- Do not place the space heater in a high traffic area where it may pose a tripping hazard.
- Plug space heater into wall outlets, avoid plugging them into extension cords or power strips as they could overheat and start a fire.
- Always place heater on a level, flat surface. Never place them on cabinets, tables, furniture, or carpet.
- Never leave the space heater unattended while on, always turn off, unplug and safely store when not in use.
This office was flooded unfortunately due to a broken fire sprinkler that leaked water all through Friday night, all of Saturday, and all day Sunday until Sunday night, when they finally discovered that there was a leak. As you can see, it was bad. Good thing there is a company that they can trust to get the job done as soon as the emergency call is made and as quickly and efficiently as possible, SERVPRO of Benicia/Martinez/SE Vallejo! We received the call Sunday night and were on scene right away. It was a lot of work to extract all the water and took a lot of equipment to get it all dry but it was done in no time. The owner of the office was very pleased at how quickly we arrived and how attentive we were to them and their needs.
Always Here to Help!
On a Sunday night this dental office was unexpectedly flooded due to a broken fire sprinkler. As you can see, it left a dirty trail of water throughout the entire practice. They needed help right away. Luckily for them, there is a company that can dry ,clean, and be there on a Sunday night and that company is SERVPRO. We got the call and arrived right away. Began extracting all the water that we could then placed drying equipment. For the next few days after that we monitored the drying to make sure everything was on the right track , and cleaned all the dirt and oil left behind from the sprinkler water. We had this office clean, dry and, back to business in no time. The owner of the practice was thrilled with how quickly and efficiently we got the job done. We were happy to help because we are always here to help! No matter the date or time we will be there.
Helping Businesses Be Better
When you are in business, we all know presentation is key. The first thing a possible customer sees when they pass your business is the exterior of your business. So, as a business owner, you want that exterior to be clean and inviting. We her at SERVPRO of Benicia/Martinez/SE Vallejo want to help you keep your business clean and inviting. This photo is a prime example of that. There was a leak coming from the HVAC unit in this building. The leak somehow caused rusty water to leak out onto the front of the building. That leak left rusty colored residue all on the side of the building. This business owner knew just who to call to get the job done right. We came in, cleaned it all up, and left the building looking like new. Like it never even happened.
This home belongs to a customer that keeps us in mind every year. Of course, if her home ever suffers a fire or water loss she knows to call us. Or, if she ever discovers mold , she knows to call us. But, one thing that she never fails to need every year is a good old carpet cleaning. Since the first time we cleaned her carpets to the current year, we never seem to fail her. That is something very fulfilling for us because a satisfied customer is a mission accomplished in our eyes. We thrive in building good rapports with our customers such as the one we talked about just now. This is why you should choose SERVPRO when in need , whether it be a huge loss or a simple carpet clean, we are here for you!
Wildfires In California 2018
As most of you know, this year has been one of the worst years in California's history when it comes to wildfires. There have been over 7500 fires that have burned over 1.6 million acres throughout our Golden State. According to the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, that is the largest amount of burned acreage recorded in a fire season. The most recent wildfires going on (Camp Fire, Woolsey Fire, and Morgan Fire) have filled the skies with thick gray smoke and our hearts with sorrow for those who have lost everything if not their own lives. This is a sad time in California, but the best time for us to show that we can come together and be there for each other in times like these. Whether it's time or donations, let's all work together to give back to those less fortunate. Look into how you can help today.
We Work Closely with your Insurance
When you go through a fire or water loss in your home or business, we know that it can be a very tough time. That is why SERVPRO and your Insurance company work closely together to make sure that you, your family, and home are well taken care of. SERVPRO has built strong relationships with many major insurance companies over the years such as State Farm, Farmers, Mercury, The Hartford, and many more! We stay very detailed and organized and communicate with your handling adjusters almost daily from start to finish ensuring that everything is taken care of the right way. Most insurance companies know that we here at SERVPRO take pride in being faster to any disaster and leaving our customers with the feeling that it never even happened. Even your insurance knows SERVPRO is the way to go.
We Are There for Your HVAC
Unfortunately, mold can grow anywhere. As long as it is in an area with excessive moisture, it will grow. That is why your HVAC (ductwork, AC evaporator coils, drip pans) and the area it is located in are the perfect environment for mold. If you ever discover mold in, near, or around your HVAC, give SERVPRO a call right away. We will come in and make sure the mold is gone, we even offer cleaning of your entire HVAC. It is something we highly recommend as mold spores could have already spread throughout the ducts and coils thus allowing the mold to travel into other areas of the house. We can put a hold on that mold! And are only 1 call away! So, call us today!